Often heard when speaking of a wife’s role, Proverbs 14:1 simply states, “A wise woman builds her house, but with her hands the foolish one tears hers down.”
Now, while a woman could literally build her house, that is not what this verse is talking about. The building of the house a woman does is in the hearts of those who occupy its rooms, turning that mound of cold sticks and tacks into a warm, welcoming home
The lady of the household builds it strong, ready to weather any storm of life by nourishing those hearts with love, kindness, orderliness, discernment, beauty, warmth, harmony, unity, joy and acceptance.
She’s the one who watches day and night that her loved ones are fed, comfortable, clothed, lavished with love, spoken kindly to, taught right from wrong and helps resolve conflicts peacefully.
She’s the one who teaches them to laugh, sing and play together. She goes from room to room constantly tending to the affairs of her household, making sure everything runs smoothly and harmoniously.
She’s helper, healer, gluer, lifter, pillar, rock, nourisher, soother, peacemaker, organizer, teacher, encourager…exhausted?!!! Yes!
Praise the Lord we have a divine blueprint spelled out in God’s word to help us set the moral and spiritual climate of our homes.
Here are four ways to build your home wisely:
1. Build your home spiritually by demonstrating godly character day in and day out. Be an example of Christ to your husband and and children.
2. Build your home economically with smart tactics, that will save both time and money. Being efficient with your resources will profit the whole home.
3. Build your home with the Lord. Go to God’s divine blueprint when the boards, nails and foundations for your home get shaken. Ask the Lord for wisdom hard things of life. Find strength through Him in the trials. Seek His comfort when life breaks your heart. And for encouragement when you get weary. Do it all with the Lord.
4. Build your home for the Lord. Even when all others around you don’t. Even when others scorn her. Even when the world says you’re weak because you do it God’s way. Even when God’s way is hardest, build your home for the Lord.
You just finished reading a portion of the “Becoming a Better Wife” Bible Study, a 7-lesson e-course to grow and equip you in your wifehood.
In each lesson you will find
- 8 pages of in-depth study, which include
- Scripture writing prompts,
- Journaling prompts,
- Prayer prompts,
- Fill in the blanks,
- Prayers for your husband, and
- an optional fasting challenge
What women are saying about “Becoming a Better Wife”:
“After doing the first lesson, I had to stop myself from racing on to lesson two, because I wanted to take time to grasp and mull over all that lesson one held.” ~ Karen
“THIS…IS…FANTASTIC. All of it. Just wow! I have purchased other courses and studies and was very disappointed in the quality. But this! This is the best online Bible study I have purchased. Thank you for the light you are shining for so many wives.” ~ Mrs. B
“Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this study. I wish I had something like this when I first got married. So much of our marriage would have made sense. Possibly a lot of pain avoided, even. I am sharing with all the ladies in my small group.” ~ Dorothy
Why wait any longer?! Take the complete study PLUS get 100 free prayer cards now!