The busy days of a mom, often have us reverting to recited or mumbled payers at mealtimes and bedtimes.
Throughout the day we lift short prayers of desperation like these,
“Lord, I need patience in about half a second!”
“Father, give me grace.”
“Jesus, protect them.”
“Jesus, heal my child.”
Many times as I collapse into bed, I’ve uttered the prayer, “Lord, please just make them turn out all right!”
I feel like I barely cover the bases.
However, I know we can be a much mightier force when we fight for our children’s souls by purposely placing ourselves in the gap, interceding on their behalf.
Consider Ezekiel 22:30-31. When applied to parenting it has a very eye opening aspect to it. I have added my own words in the brackets [ ].
This is the Lord speaking,
“I looked for a man[parent] among them who would build up the wall and stand before Me in the gap on behalf of the land [children/future generations] so I would not have to destroy it[them], but I found none. So, I will pour out my wrath on them [parent/child]and consume them [parent/child] with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign Lord.”
Sobering. Very, very sobering.
May you and I bravely stand in the gap, using the power of prayer to build a wall around our children.
Below, I have shared 5 verses to pray over your children and for yourself.
Let’s fight the good fight, dear mothers! May you and your children be blessed!
1. Micah 6:8…Lord, I pray my children will always know what You require of them: “And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”
2. Isaiah 54:13…I release them to You, Jesus, knowing, “All your sons will be taught by the Lord, and great will be your children’s peace.“
3. 1 Chronicles 4:10… May they seek your face and your favor asking, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.”
4. 1 Chronicles 28:20… Help them“Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you”
5. Psalm 119:109-112…And when they are grown, Lord, may they say,”I will not forget Your law. …I have not strayed from Your precepts. Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart. My heart is set on keeping Your decrees to the very end.”
I have made a free printable book marker set with prayers that follow these verses. Enjoy!
DOWNLOAD THE FREE PDF HERE:
FREE Prayer + Devotion!